Here are the parts of speech and what they do in a sentence:
1. Nouns -- refer to a person, place, thing, or idea.
2. Pronouns -- take the place of nouns.
3. Verbs -- indicate action or a state of being.
4. Adjectives -- modify nouns, pronouns, and other adjectives.
5. Adverbs -- modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs.
6. Prepositions -- show how nouns or pronouns are related to other words in a sentence.
7. Conjunctions -- are words that link words, phrases, or clauses to other parts of a sentence.
8. Interjections -- express emotion or grab attention (Hey! Of course!). They are rarely used in business and formal writing.